Social Media and Cheating Interview on NBC

On June 13, 2011, in Facebook, Social Media Marketing, Twitter, by Mike D. Merrill (@mikedmerrill)

There is no hiding the fact that I am passionate about the power of social media to transform how businesses and consumers communicate. That’s why I was pretty excited Friday night to participate in NBC 5’s Nightly News Nonstop Nightly show at 6:30pm with Jane McGarry. It was great to see “how the sausage gets made” inside […]

 

Mobile Opportunities for Entrepreneurs – Smarter Mobile Ecosystem

On March 20, 2011, in Apple, Mobile, by Mike D. Merrill (@mikedmerrill)

One of the sessions I was looking forward to attending at SXSW Interactive was on Mobile Opportunities for Entrepreneurs in 2011 with Raj Singh as part of the Future15 track. Raj Singh is an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Stanford Research Institute and a long-time entrepreneur with eleven years experience in mobile. Raj spoke about several themes relative […]

 

Movember and My First Moustache

On October 31, 2010, in Inspiration, Movember, by Mike D. Merrill (@mikedmerrill)

Did you know that more than 32,000 men will die as a direct result of prostate cancer in 2010? Would you also believe I have never grown a moustache? As a result of these two facts and that my grandfather-in-law survived prostate cancer, I am choosing to participate in Movember for the first time.  Although […]

 

Coca-Cola Checks In with Facebook via RFID

On August 24, 2010, in advertising, Branding, Facebook, Twitter, by Mike D. Merrill (@mikedmerrill)

It’s been exactly 100 days since I’ve blogged as I’ve been tied up with a new marketing role at ReachLocal. After seeing this video I had to share and applaud Publicis E-dologic for a pain-free way to integrate social sharing with Facebook. Coca Cola – The Real Life Like – (2010) Israel Talk about connecting […]

 

Paciugo Launches 4 New Gelato Flavors including one with Bacon

On May 17, 2010, in Branding, Customer Experience, by Mike D. Merrill (@mikedmerrill)

Paciugo is launching 4 new flavors in May including one with Bacon. I was excited to interview the co-founder of the local Dallas business with 43 locations and a talkable brand.

Tagged with:  

Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream Social on Twitter and Facebook

On April 28, 2010, in Facebook, Social Media Marketing, Twitter, by Mike D. Merrill (@mikedmerrill)

Today Baskin-Robbins is running their 31 Cent Scoop Night to Benefit the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. I discovered this campaign last week on Twitter and have been impressed by the level of full integration across multiple channels. As a marketer and social media enthusiast, I’m always looking for ways to demonstrate what a well orchestrated […]

New LinkedIn Feature Allows You to Follow Company Profile

On April 26, 2010, in LinkedIn, Social Media Marketing, by Mike D. Merrill (@mikedmerrill)

As I was going through business cards Sunday inviting people to connect, I noticed LinkedIn had recently added a new feature. The “Follow company” capability allows you to follow all of the updates to a company profile. Since I have a Business account, I’m not sure whether this is a free feature or not. However, […]

Tagged with:  

What to Share on Twitter

On April 19, 2010, in Social Media Marketing, Twitter, by Mike D. Merrill (@mikedmerrill)

The 80/20 Rule of Twitter Basically the premise of this is 80% of the time you should be talking about someone other than yourself or your business. The other 20% is you sharing your own content. When I look at a business new to Twitter I often discover they are primarily sharing their own content […]

Tagged with:  

Thank You For Laying Me Off – How Social Media Changed My Life

On March 31, 2010, in Goal Setting, Inspiration, Personal Branding, Social Media Marketing, by Mike D. Merrill (@mikedmerrill)

It was February 9th, 2009. I arrived to work early that Monday morning to plan my week and get a jump on what was already a challenging sales quarter. Then around 8:15am an email came across my inbox from the CEO announcing an 8% layoff. Surely, the folks who were going to be let go […]

 

10 Reasons Why Having a Personal Domain Name Is Essential

On February 9, 2010, in Personal Branding, by Mike D. Merrill (@mikedmerrill)

I have had my own domain name of http://www.mikemerrill.com for over 10 years now. I initially secured it as a place to host my resume and as a unique way to differentiate myself when applying to business schools. Moreover, it provided the opportunity to brand my name with every email I sent. Oftentimes people would […]

 
css.php